Monday, September 14, 2009

Baby Quilts

I had all seven back in the nest for the summer...barely got a turn on the computer! I have finally sent them all back to college and school. The only projects I completed this summer were two baby quilts.

This one was made with all left-over scraps from my two daughters' quilts I did a few years back. There is no batting; just a flannel backing, which is what I actually prefer for babies. Soft, flexible enough to wrap them up in, and not stiff.




This one was made for an expectant couple on their way to grad school at BYU. I figured the little guy will have no choice but to become a loyal BYU fan! I was overly surprised to stumble upon flannel BYU fabric at Joann's here in Michigan...sandwiched right between fabrics for Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Purdue. Who would have thought? Hubby was overjoyed with a pair of homemade BYU flannel pants for his birthday, and the little tyke got a baby quilt from the left-overs. This one is all flannel pieces for the top, cotton on the back, with batting.


2 comments:

Bliss said...

JULIE!!!! Welcome back to the sister-hood. Isn't getting rid of kids great! Wish you were here!

The baby quilts are great!

Barb said...

Life is back to normal? What is normal? Glad you have time on the computer now and time to sew a little. love the quilts.