Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quilt Show

I (along with the professor and McK) went to a quilt show ("Sandhills Cutups Quilters 7th Annual Quilt Show" in Monahans) today and saw many beautiful quilts. Just thought I would share a few of them with you.

Patriot Rose



Hand appliqued and hand quilted -- just look at the detail!




Civil War Memories

Made with reproduction fabrics -- the colors were beautiful!




Red Square Quilt

There's McK - cute gal!

I think I would like to make this one!




Chicken Buffet

This was SOOO cute -- gotta love "chicken a la king"!




Fancy Work Fantasy

This was the professor's favorite.
It's machine embroidered -- guess you know what that means...
he'll just have to get me an embroidery machine!
Christmas isn't too far away! :-)




The Heaven's Declare the Glory of God

This was McK's favorite.


I think they said there were 60-some quilts on display. I wish I could show you all of them, but -- alas -- this will have to do.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Thanks so much for showing all those quilts, I believe the first was my favorite but they were all wonderful.

BJ said...

I love the red quilt, it is gorgeous!
I made a version of this about 10 years ago and it is so much fun choosing the red fabrics.
The detail on the first quilt is amazing. It must have taken ages to sew but so well worth it.
Cheers,
BJ